whelen wiring help

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

powerlineman

whelen wiring help

Post by powerlineman »

I have a used Whelen edge with 8 strobe heads, 4 halogens, alleys, and the pierce alert -to install on a new brush truck. It came off an old police car our city had.
Nobody took the time to mark anything when it was removed and I don't want to trash the power supplies.
I have been to Whelen''s web site and cannot find any wiring diagram that comes close to what I have.
This bar has 2 cables, one smaller than the other.
The small cable has red, black, blue, orange, green, white
The large cable has red, black, blue, orange, green, white, yellow, grey, brown, red/black, white/black, and a sheild containing white, black, and bare.
The model information is worn off however, I find that it was manufactured in 1998
I would appreciate any information on this bar
Thanks, Jeff
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
Last edited by kg4ere on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

In most cases...the bars I've come across...any wire colored with black or a combonation of black/??? will be a ground wire for a specific function withon the light bar.

I would take all you ground and connect them to a chasis ground source and then apply 12volts to the other wires...one at a time...and see what that wire energizes.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”