Park or NSS circuit in '93 GMC

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LCFD1

Park or NSS circuit in '93 GMC

Post by LCFD1 »

Searched, but could not find...

Does anybody know where I can find a park circuit or neutral safety circuit and wire colors on a 1993 GMC truck?

I am installing an opticom, and am looking for a signal to energize a relay to disengage the opticom and the other white lights.

Thanks

-Sonny
Threeshot223

Post by Threeshot223 »

Should be a switch mounted on the brake pedal bracket. It night be combined with the brake light switch, but the wiring should be separate.
LCFD1

Post by LCFD1 »

Is there anything independent of the park brake switch? I want something more linked to the park circuit on the transmission. There is no guarentee that someone will set the park brake, but more than likely, they will remember to put it in to park.

Thanks

-Sonny
Threeshot223

Post by Threeshot223 »

The switches are separate, but they CAN be mounted on top of another in like the same assembly.
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Post by EVModules »

Purple wire in the ignition column. This is also the starter wire. A UPKM Park kill module will be required.
Sean Barr
EVConcepts

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”