Strobes and Corner Lights--Ford Explorer

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MississippiPI
What radios do you own?: Astro Saber III 800

Strobes and Corner Lights--Ford Explorer

Post by MississippiPI »

I have 1998 Explorer equipped with Wig Wags for headlights and also red no sho's in the grill. The grill lights are clear until I activate them then they alternate red; I'm down south but travel up the East Coast and red lights there are police (I'm a volunteer FF) and don't want any trouble. I needing some advise on what type of strobes for the rear for sure and corner strobes--any suggestions would be apprecaited. Happy Holidays from Ole Miss.
Jimmy Taylor
MississippiPI
All over the Great State of Mississippi
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

I'd go with the screw-in style hideaways in the rear, you could even do 1 in the brake and 1 in the reverse, alternating. They show up really well. I installed them in the top of the taillight assembly on my ranger, and they really put out well! I was running them with a CSP-690 supply.

As for the reds in front, just pull the fuse on them when you're travelling, and PD shouldn't bother you, especially since they're not visible as red lights when they're off.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: Strobes and Corner Lights--Ford Explorer

Post by thebigphish »

MississippiPI wrote: I'm down south but travel up the East Coast and red lights there are police (I'm a volunteer FF) and don't want any trouble. I needing some advise on what type of strobes for the rear for sure and corner strobes--
just don't turn them on and they shouldn't bother you. and in an exploder...clears in the brake lenses, and slim LED bars or TIRs to the trim on the trim of the rear window work great....that's what i have. don't need too much more than that, unless you respond in reverse.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Screw in type hide-aways allow a little more power to be handled dependinig on the power supply.

In addition, NJ/NY are red light states (up here in the NE) for Emergency Vehicles, just not police. NJ is trending to Red/Blue for police.

NY has a provision for out of state vehicles with lights to be in NY as long as you are abiding by your state laws.

Getting off topic here.... Anything LED with clear lenses would be nice, but hideaways are the ultimate lo-pro warning way as long as it works for your needs.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”