2006 Ford Expedition Neutral Safety Switch.

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ert1111

2006 Ford Expedition Neutral Safety Switch.

Post by ert1111 »

I am having trouble locating documentation on locating the wire need for the neutral safety switch using a Federal UPKM-1 or UPKM-2. Has anyone had any luck in installing a UPKM in a 2006 Ford Expedition and finding the transmission park neutral safety switch ? I have been told that it will not work. Any input would be appreciated.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/ins ... df0ab72967
WhelenTech

Post by WhelenTech »

I suggest not taping in anymore.... but that is just me..

Maybe try the microswitch route..

Its coming - the day of no tap in's
MicorRT

Post by MicorRT »

A while back I was making a K9 crown vic and need to located the netural safety switch. I believe it was a 96 or 97 vic... anyway they no longer pull a ground on the netural safety like they used too. Now they use what is called a shift "range sensor" in the colum it completes the positive side of the start switch in the ignition through the range sensor through to the positive half of the starter solonoid and the ground half of the solonoid is just grounded.
Long story short I suggest what WhelenTech suggests or maybe a magnetic reed switch arrangement...
MicorRT

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”