Newest Project 06Tahoe Slicktop

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JustaBuff

Newest Project 06Tahoe Slicktop

Post by JustaBuff »

Heres one we just finished yesterday. 06 Tahoe Slicktop.

Cencom / 4TIR3 Grill lights 2 white 2 red / Duel Dominator Red/White windshield mounted / 4 Position Dominator all Red back window / Wig Wags / 2 Front Hideaways Strobes / 4 rear Hideaways / Red Strip light side rear windows / TIR3 Red on Running board / CDM VHF - DataLux Tracer CPU with Data Radio Modem. Turned out nice - I think we need to do a bit more with the grill - although the white and red are good. I think it just needs a bit more - the cust really wanted to avoid having a set of 500 or 700 series on the front grill wanted to keep things a bit more stealth, Personally I would have wanted more.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slfd111/a ... ,1%253af,0
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

Nice install, I always like the the Tahoes, especialy with a stealthier install.
dbcomm

Post by dbcomm »

Very nice.
dBC. Power is our first name®
firegood

Post by firegood »

im goning to have me a tahoe some day. Are those tir3's in the grille? I always like the lights on the running boards.
davkenrem
What radios do you own?: STX, Spectra, Maxtrac, MTS2000

Post by davkenrem »

Beautiful job, may I ask a few questions?

What is the little green box on the back of the console?
What is the soleniod for on the equipment tray?
What is the center shark fin antenna for?
I see 2 800mhz Radial Larsen "pucks", is one for the data radio?
How is the display mounted and do you have a photo of the back of it?

Again excellent work.
Davkenrem
N8DKR
JustaBuff

Heres a few answers - thanks for the input everyone..

Post by JustaBuff »

What is the little green box on the back of the console?
It is a hand held scanner part of a program and equipment used to scan drivers licenses. Its actually a digital camera as well if needed can take pics of accident scenes or anything the officer needs to save. can also take a photo of a person for photo recognition with another program the dept uses. The printer in the arm wrest prints out the ticket - the officer just types in the required info the rest is taken from the scan.

What is the soleniod for on the equipment tray?
Everything is switched ignition so its to help with the "hammer" effect of power turning on.

What is the center shark fin antenna for?
The fin ant is for the VHF CDM radio - the depts operating dispatch chan

the front one by the way is for the 800 GE radio they use for communication back to the county when operating with other depts.

I see 2 800mhz Radial Larsen "pucks", is one for the data radio?
Both Pucks are actually UHF 450 range for the Data Radio Modem for data use , the cars have the ability through the DataLux computer to run their own checks as well as upload information back to the station from anywhere in their responding area and then some. http://www.datalux.com . the computer used is the Tracer - If you still need pics after that give me a shout, I can take a few this week. we are installing 30 in the next week. they install fast and easy. and work great. recommend highly.

How is the display mounted and do you have a photo of the back of it?
the display is actually a full tablet computer - we have about 60-80 in service right now and are very happy with their performance overall. MW520s were the common before we started selling this unit. Depending on the cust and the data system we either use the DataRadio Modem or VRM650 with the cpu, its compatable with both.

Yes those are TIR3s in the grill - RED/WHITE on each side, they fit perfectly in the openings of the grill - 1 TIR3 on each running board , they aim up slightly with the natural bend of the plastic, but its a perfect angle to shine upward at the drivers so we didnt make them straight on purpose.

Feel free to ask any other questions
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
davkenrem
What radios do you own?: STX, Spectra, Maxtrac, MTS2000

Post by davkenrem »

thanks, I would like see some more pics of the computer setup and the display mount.
Davkenrem
N8DKR

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”