07 Tahoe info out there yet ?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JustaBuff

07 Tahoe info out there yet ?

Post by JustaBuff »

Anyone seen the new 07 Tahoe yet becides on the net ? I have a few depts putting out bids in the next month for them and it looks to me like theres going to be some install changes with the use of a drop in console and mirror beams right off the start. Spoke with Jotto, they got a sneak peak at one and are working on it. anyone heard anything else from any other manafactures of lights or consoles ? Hopefully theres not a change for hideaway strobe lights in the front as well.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
Car150

RE 2007 Tahoe

Post by Car150 »

Have spoken to both Chevrolet and Pontiac dealers here in Canada. They indicate "consumer" version of 2007 Tahoe/Yukon available. BUT, many fire departments interested in the "special purpose package"; 2 batteries, rubber floor mats, vinyl back seat, deletion of center consoles, steel wheels; a real work truck version that is a few less bucks and much more practical for conversion for custom consoles, radio/siren/lites etc.
Dealers are telling me special purpose package for 2007 model year will not be available until October 2007. Will have to be a bit patient yet !
wkr518

Re: RE 2007 Tahoe

Post by wkr518 »

Car150 wrote:Have spoken to both Chevrolet and Pontiac dealers here in Canada. They indicate "consumer" version of 2007 Tahoe/Yukon available. BUT, many fire departments interested in the "special purpose package"; 2 batteries, rubber floor mats, vinyl back seat, deletion of center consoles, steel wheels; a real work truck version that is a few less bucks and much more practical for conversion for custom consoles, radio/siren/lites etc.
Dealers are telling me special purpose package for 2007 model year will not be available until October 2007. Will have to be a bit patient yet !
side impact airbags will make wiring through interesting.I personally dont care much for the 07 styling up front.
I want to get a 2002 Tahoe when a nice one comes on market used here.
firegood

Re: RE 2007 Tahoe

Post by firegood »

wkr518 wrote:
side impact airbags will make wiring through interesting.I personally dont care much for the 07 styling up front.
I want to get a 2002 Tahoe when a nice one comes on market used here.
I second that. the 07's are ugly
JustaBuff

07 Tahoe in the shop

Post by JustaBuff »

Ok gang, we got our first 3 2007 Tahoes in ... the first 2 have the factory console so we will be using the New Jotto Drop in unit.
A few things we found .. Siren speaker mounting. Nothing Made by whelen yet , looks like the only thing would be behind the bumper skirt.
We are thinking to just go center behind the grill behind the logo. We plan to drill straight down and mount using 4inch bolts with a back plate underneath. we would actually be drilling into the foam behind the bumper skirt, Does anyone think this would an issue ? the underhanging speakers, even if they make a bracket for them will get ripped off this truck because the skirt hangs so low, even cutting the extra air damn it doenst look good.
Mirror Beams - nothing made so we used 500series surface mounts. the mirror is a 2 pieces - the top being painted and the bottom being black plasic - the top cap is removable pretty easy but the angle when they are mounted is a bit up with these. we are gonna make a bracket out of ABS to get them aiming a bit more down.
Next - No rear rev strobes, no room, it just wont work - You can do the red part of the lens top and bottom though.
finally, front headlights, new type of material on these , we drilled an we did our nomal amount with the vac , however, this material turned to a super fine dust , similar to fiberglass the techs said. Any ideas how to get it the hell out, its coated all over the inside of the lens.
OH ya ,, another wonderful part of this truck. The grill is not removable without taking the entire bumper skirt off. Its a one piece design.

Thanks for any input.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

We are planning on doing a 2007 Tahoe ( off the lot).40/20/40 seats.
I am told that line testing in the fuse panel will be seen as attempted theft and system will lock down with factory required reset.Anyone heard of this?
Mirror beams- fat chance so far
SA314 bracket- nothing yet
side airbags- rules out A post mounted spotlight for this one
I hope Whelen catches up on designing items for this vehicle,as I am told we have quite a few Departments around us spec'ing 07 tahoes for Chief,fly,police vehicles.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Being a new body style, lots for R&D to play with. They don't all get the advanced design prints as fast as they use to.

I for one don't like the new "Chisseled" look that they are going for, or the flat interior.

HOWEVER,

I did test drive a couple for the wife, and they are nice rides, just not my personal choice for equipment etc. I like the "cockpit" feel of the last interior style.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
foreman

Post by foreman »

The police version will have the same wiring package as the Impala including 100amp pwr point in rear drivers side with 6' of cable to be relocated as needed. Ground studs are provided in rear but I didn't see a clean way to use them. The front will include the driver spk and horn ring. Not a big fan of the rest of the wiring; to small for the equipment but the short-cuts help
Shop Foreman

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”