Ford CV 2006 Overhead light cut out

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9upc

Ford CV 2006 Overhead light cut out

Post by n9upc »

Installing some cage lights in a Ford CV 2006. They want it set-up to have it activated by the overhead light, so that when the rear doors are open the cage lights are activated. However, they DO not want the cage lights to come on when the front doors are open.

So I was looking for the door activation switch and decided to call a couple of ford dealerships. They advised that it is now located within the door latch assembly. So therefore I asked what the two color wires are that signal when the latch is closed so I could jumper them for the front door.

However, and of course, ford says that they can not release that information but they would be more thne happy to do that if I brought it in for a service visit. I am not going to do that.

So does anyone know what color wires of the wiring harness coming out of the door effect/control the signal to say the door is closed so that when the door is open the overhead light/cage lights do not activate???
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
Adam

Post by Adam »

http://www.fordcds.com/

See if that helps you do it yourself.. sometimes the color of the wires change, but not often.
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

If that doesn't work you could always pull the door panel and look for the wires coming off of the switch.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”