2006 jeep commander

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

2006 jeep commander

Post by Jay G. »

Doing a 2006 jeep commander - anyone know if it can take headlight flashers or not like some other dodge/chrysler products??

thanks!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Headlights can only be wired two ways; Positive switched or Negative switched. Find out which one, then you can get the appropriate flasher. This excludes HID lighting of course.
John
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Bzzzert, wrong. You're correct, on the surface... of course, some vehicles these days monitor the lamps, notify the driver of faults, and in general raise all kinds of hell if you start jacking with them. That's why some vehicles will NOT accept a wig-wag flasher of any description.

Get your facts straight.
Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay G. »

not to be an ungrateful person, but DUH. i've been doing this for a while.... I guess i should have been a bit more specific.

I know that they are positive switched. What I dont know is if using a headlight flasher will destroy the computer or any other expensive parts like it does in some of the other dodge family trucks (ie durango).

Also: How does one remove the front turn signal assemblies to put HAW strobes in them? Or even the headlamp assy.

thanks!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Oh sorry Jay, I didn't mean to dumb you down. tvsjr, My facts are correct. The 2001 and later Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango or a 2002 and
later Dodge Ram 1500 - 1/2 ton truck require a special headlight flasher, however there is a flasher available. So in the future, try to be a little nicer.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”