Headlight / taillight flashers in 2001 Dodge Ram 1500

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HumHead

Headlight / taillight flashers in 2001 Dodge Ram 1500

Post by HumHead »

Does anyone out there have any specific warnings / tips / suggestions about installing headlight and/or taillight flashers in a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup?

After some searching of the archives, it looks like there are headlight issues starting with the 2002 models, but the 2001s seem to be OK. I didn't see anything at all on the taillights.

Are the 2001 headlights positive or ground switched? (I know, I know- get a meter. I'm just trying to avoid extra trips to visit this particular vehicle.)

Also, any tips on location / colors for tapping the taillight harness in the cab?

Thanks in advance! :D
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

The 2001 Dodge Ram is Ground-Side switched at the headlights. A standard Tailight flasher should work.
John
djh218

headlight flasher

Post by djh218 »

got a 200 dodge ram and standard ground side flasher works great (it's 7 years old). Install was simple. Ground, power, sitch and interrupted wire to passenger side high beam, plugged last two leads into ends, and she works like a charm. OH if I had only known the 2006 Explorer you can't use a wig-wag flasher on I wouldn't have let my wife buy it...ssshhh!

(oh yes dear, coming honey, I'll get off-line in just a few minutes,,,yes dear.)
Danny Boy
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

You most certainly can install a flasher on the 06 Explorer, you have to use an isolation equipped model. SoundOff Signals ET3PFISSOØØ-P is my recommendation.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”