whelen 9m

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

whelen 9m

Post by lunzac »

hey y'all. im new i working with the whelen 9m bars and am considering piecing one together. just wondering how i find out what stobe power supplies and boards and cables i need to make it work. i know thats a broad question that cant really be answered precicely, but if you can point me in the direction towards information regardig what the different boards and power supplies do and what i need for different amounts of lights ect, i dont mind sifting through a lot of information.

thanks

-zach
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Unless you want to cheat :o and have the brightest edge bar in your area- I ran a 25c/18awg cable to a breakout block in the bar, then in the truck is an ISP188- running 8 heads and BLINDING day or night! I've had many call my bluff on it, but when I turn it on, they can't stand to look @ it!
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
philter

Post by philter »

There really isn't any documentation available to show the complete breakdown of the lightbar. If you work with them, then your best bet would be to study one you have. I'll just make a suggestion that you buy the bar the way you want it complete, it will cost significantly more if you piece it together.
lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

Post by lunzac »

thanks for the tip on buying a bar complete.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”