What did I see?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K4RXR

What did I see?

Post by K4RXR »

I noticed a local county sheriff department CVPI with a very eye-catching warning light. It was about 18" long and mounted on top of the dashboard at the base of the windshield. Half of the light was red, other half blue, appeared to be LEDs. The light was programmed so that the LEDs seemed to be chasing back and forth across the light. Not just alternating side-to-side, but illuminating in sequence back and forth. From a block away on a gloomy afternoon, you couldn't miss it.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Could it have been closer to 12" long? If so, it may have been a 911EP LS12. That pattern is on all of the stick products from 911EP now.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Probably one of the Whelen lightbars that are out now, or another manufactur who makes stuff similar. The Whelen ones are called "inner-edges"

-Alex
K4RXR

Post by K4RXR »

OK, thanks. Based on what I'm seeing on 911EP's web site, it may have been the LS12.
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Post by 60A »

alex wrote:Probably one of the Whelen lightbars that are out now, or another manufactur who makes stuff similar. The Whelen ones are called "inner-edges"

-Alex
Yeah, able2 has one that's kind of lame :) , code3's is called the supervisor (and it has take downs).
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

SVP Phantom. Gen1 LEDs but not bad.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”