Unitrol Touchmaster TM4 Question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tensi0n
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS 3000

Unitrol Touchmaster TM4 Question

Post by tensi0n »

Does anyone know how to disable the relay that opens and closes when you turn on any function on the tm4? It's not really a problem; I sometimes just get tired of hearing click, click, click... I think someone might have asked this before but I can't find the post. Thanks.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Unitrol told me to put a thin piece of cardboard in there, otherwise, it requires modifications to the siren itself.

SG
tensi0n

Post by tensi0n »

Hmm...never thought of that. I'll give that a try thanks.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

call unitrol and ask for tech assistance (800 number). People in the shop will walk you through it. Easy - took me 5 minutes. As a resut, only the light flashes and the clicking stopped (I know, VERY irritating).
tensi0n

Post by tensi0n »

Thanks man. To me that would be better than putting a piece of cardboard between the relay. ...I don't want to damage the relay. The flashing light is good but the relay is irritating. Thanks, I'll give them a call.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

so this clicker-relay serves no functional purpose? Just to make noise?
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

it's like the activity beep on a cencom or smart siren. it reminds the user that a circuit is active and in use.

During a traffic stop or any response, I don't mind it, but when you are just sitting there on side of road with flashers on, it quickly gets on your nerves.

Unlike the SS or cencom, it doesn't beep at you once every 15 or seconds, it's just continuously clicking...

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”