2005 Dodge Ram question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firecomm
was Fire4117

2005 Dodge Ram question

Post by firecomm »

Has anyone installed strobes in the headlights of a 2005 or 2006 Ram? One of our fire vehicles didn't get strobes installed because the company that did the install said it wasn't possible.

Is this true?
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

um, find a different company, one that knows what they are doing. Use a 1.5" hole saw to drill through the exterior housing, then use a 1" hole saw or UniBit to make the hole in the Interior reflector where you want the strobe tube.
John
nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Post by nick.dejohn »

I did a set of clear hideaways in a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab. As previously mentioned, you need to drill throught the black plastic housing to gain access to the actually reflector. I think I used somewhere around a 1 1/2" to 2" hole saw and then the normal to drill the reflector itself. Once they were installed, they work great. Very effective as an intersector light and front straight on as well.
Nick
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

Thanks a lot guys for your replies.

I actually used to work for the company that said this wasn't possible and I used to do installs for them before I worked for the fire department. I looked at the vehicle & thought that IT IS possible, I just haven't had a chance to take a closer look at the truck to confirm it.

Once again guys, thanks a lot!

Cheers.
DakotasKustoms

Post by DakotasKustoms »

It is possible ...

For the tutorial ...
http://dakotaskustoms.com/tutorials-ram_ft-strobes.htm

-Dakota
-DakotasKustoms.com
jhooten

Post by jhooten »

And now you have a big hole to let dirt and moisture into the housing.
DakotasKustoms

Post by DakotasKustoms »

Actually .. you get an approriate rubber grommet, poke a hole in it, thread the wires through, seal with silicone, and it has yet to let any moisture in.
-Dakota
-DakotasKustoms.com

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”