///

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kg4ere

///

Post by kg4ere »

///
Last edited by kg4ere on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Its tricky but I have done it. I have mounted the antenna in the center of the trunk. take the trunk liner off the lid. I measure off center drill with a normal antenna hole saw. When that goes through the trunk sheet metal. Take another small drill bit and drill through the support on center from the top use that as your guide when you drill from the bottom up. Then Drill from the bottom up with a 1 1/4" hole saw. This is the tricky part.. Do it Slowly! till you cut away the metal of the support. There is some mastic adhesive that is on the support that should heat up and come off. The antenna we route along with the wiring for the trunk release down into the trunk.
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

Yeah, the few I have done i just put at the very front or back. The department who owned the cars wanted it done like that very second. One of those deals where you would think the entire city will come to a standstill if their new patrol cars do not get an antenna mounted that very second. I am looking forward to having one come through the shop with a little more time to do it right. I am glad they got rid of the goofy wiring system through the trunk rain gutter that the old impalas have though.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”