Oklahoma Highway Patrol's new Bikes

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tiawah466

Post by tiawah466 »

It is a Suzuki GSXR - 1300 Hyabusa.
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

I'm sorry, but if a crotch-rocket pulls up behind me with flashing lights, I'd be more tempted to lose him than stop for him!
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Rick Rock wrote:I'm sorry, but if a crotch-rocket pulls up behind me with flashing lights, I'd be more tempted to lose him than stop for him!
You may be a skilled driver... but I don't think you're going to lose a Busa, if the rider has *any* clue whatsoever...
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

I love this comment:
You go O.H.P.! I would love to work riding a BUSA all day. And for all you morons that dont have a clue, it dont matter how fast your bike, trike, or car is because the popo got somehting that will blow you away. It's called a motorola dumbass!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

mr.syntrx wrote:I love this comment:
You go O.H.P.! I would love to work riding a BUSA all day. And for all you morons that dont have a clue, it dont matter how fast your bike, trike, or car is because the popo got somehting that will blow you away. It's called a motorola dumbass!
Damn right... you might outrun the Ford, Chevy, DCX, etc. But it's hard to beat the Motorola, MACOM, etc.
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

More pictures:

http://ohpbusa.blogspot.com/

Honestly probably one of the better installs I have seen, just because they were able to cram everything on a bike like that...even the radar.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I have a busa in the garage, minus the radar and radio gear.
It is quite a ride! :o
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

Has OHP finally implemented their Motorola Type II 800 system yet, or are they still running lowband?
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
tiawah466

Post by tiawah466 »

Most of the Tulsa area is on Type II trunking, Some of the rural areas are still on Vhf.
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Rick Rock wrote:I'm sorry, but if a crotch-rocket pulls up behind me with flashing lights, I'd be more tempted to lose him than stop for him!
When I lived in Australia I had an unmarked car pull up behind me and hit me with the lights. The cop got out and he was Vietnamese which was highly unusual at the time.
I speed off and lost them. I was later found by a marked car and the reason I gave was there are are lot of vietnamese gangs operating nearby and I thought it was a fake policeman in a stolen uniform as I had never heard of a vietnamese policeman before.
Aparently they thought I was bying drugs which is why the first went for the stop.

The second lot of police were pure Aussie and laughed their heads off at my excuse and let me go.
I went back to Melbourne a couple of years ago after about 13 years away and every other cop was vietnamese. I left two weeks later back to adopted country.

I guess you'll just have to get usesd to cops on pocket rockets as the cpeople of Melbourne have to cops of other nationalities.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Even with the Moto, a skilled rider will be on your tail with a 'Busa anyway...radio or not.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

007 wrote:
Even with the Moto, a skilled rider will be on your tail with a 'Busa anyway...radio or not.
Yep...and not only will be be on the tail, it will flat out pass them. :D
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

Post by chipjumper »

Dang; I'm not suprised that they have cash to throw around out there. It cost me about $37 to drive through the state when i went to Texas earlier this year. The Will Rogers is definately a nice road but pricey.

"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." -Patton

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”