2006 jeep grand cherokee

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

2006 jeep grand cherokee

Post by Jay G. »

Any info on how to remove the headlight assembly on a 2006 jeep grand cherokee? Trying to do strobes and need to remove the assembly. I only see one screw onteh top? do i have to drop the bumper??

thanks!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

jantman

Post by jantman »

1) If you plan on doing work on your truck yourself, it is INDESPENSIBLE to buy one of the service manuals, like Haynes, Chilton, etc.

2) Granted this is a BIG difference in model, but on my 1997 grand cherokee, there is one screw on top of the headlight, and one on one side, between the headlight and the trim, or the headlight and the cornering light. OTOH, I've never actually removed the whole unit... I have wig-wags and never saw the purpose for headlight strobes.
wema628

Post by wema628 »

ok i am new here. i just got done with a 2006 jeep grand.. here goes

1> bolts on top

2> bolts on bottom close to the fender

3> the hard one this one sits right below the high beam light. you have to get under the jeep ( have some one with small hands ) you will fell the bolt behide a support rail and you can only turn it 1/2 in at a time..

4> after you get all the bolts out and the grill is off you have to wedge the front bumper away from the headlight with a flat head driver and push the light to the center of the jeep ... if i can help let mt know....
Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay G. »

so please correct me if I'm wrong, but you did NOT have to drop the bumper to get them out?? That would be WONDERFUL!!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

wema628

Post by wema628 »

i did not drop the bumper.......but i guess it would make it faster....but i did not did not drop the bumper

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”