2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

flyinace09
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL5000, AS+, etc.

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Post by flyinace09 »

Hey guys...

What would your ideal setup be for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? I want to be seen when running code, but I don't want to go overboard (read: expensive) and want it to be as stealthy as possible as I travel through other states and don't want to be flagged down for "illegal colors"... what would your setup be?
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

LEDs. They are colorless when not on, so no one will give two S***s when they are not on. YMMV in terms of best set up. Hundreds of people will tell you theirs is best and will also give you a million sea-lawyer interpretations of what colors are legal where and why. Don't listen to them.

Go to your local dept or to your jursdiction agency and ASK THEM. THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO AND WHAT YOU CAN'T.

this post will bring out the lurkers & the 'light police' (woop, woop!) so prepare yourself for some good ol fashioned flaming.

In terms of what will work best? See what someone else has that you like and replicate it and change it to your liking.

Around here, a post of this type is like chumming in the ocean...if i were a mod, i would lock it now.
rules wrote:Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted. See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Post by 601 »

I have a 2002 Jeep Cherokee, I have a galls 2 strobe windshield mount light in blue/clear and a responder cadet that I throw on the roof when needed for extra visibility. I see no need for anything else, people move out of my way with no problem.

If you travel a lot and can't afford LED's go with a temp mount mini-bar on the roof and just take it off when you travel. I used to do that before my current setup. Figured my light permit was only good in my local town, why would I need it anywhere else? Lightbars can be had for $100 and give excellent warning power.
wema628

Post by wema628 »

i have a 96 cherokee, i have 4 tir 6 on the grill, tir 3 on the side of the speakers, 500 super leds on the mirrors, 7 light inner edge with flashing take downsand 2 strobes... now for the back 4 tir3s 6 strobes and a dominater 8 head arrow stick....
rsqemt911

lots of options

Post by rsqemt911 »

i have a 2000 cherokee and though my setup is way more extravagant that what you need, it may give you some ideas

i have whelen grl's mounted under my bumper in the fog light spot, hideaways in my front marker lights, 7 TIR3's in a custom bracket going across my grille slats, wig wags, a 6 head dominator over my RVM, 2 single talons in my rear side windows, 2 double talons in my rear window, and hideaways in my brake lights and backup lights
The best layed plans are always F*cked up by management.
jhook

Post by jhook »

Not sure what your budget will allow but you might be interested in a Copstick dashlight and some LX 4's for under 500.00 dollers you'd have a pretty impressive set up. Jhook
BAT9228
RES715CUE

Post by RES715CUE »

does any one have any pics of these installs..i have a 99 jeep grand cherokee and im also looking for a nice setup..i currently run 2 code 3 deckblasters side by side..thats it lol..
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: lots of options

Post by thebigphish »

rsqemt911 wrote:i have a 2000 cherokee and though my setup is way more extravagant that what you need, it may give you some ideas

i have whelen grl's mounted under my bumper in the fog light spot, hideaways in my front marker lights, 7 TIR3's in a custom bracket going across my grille slats, wig wags, a 6 head dominator over my RVM, 2 single talons in my rear side windows, 2 double talons in my rear window, and hideaways in my brake lights and backup lights
this i gotta see...might have to go tour shelton some time, and look for the epileptic cows at the crossings.
LIGHTS R US

jeep

Post by LIGHTS R US »

def go with leds. clear when off. if you want a decent cheap light package design. email me. light packages are my specialty. i am also a dealer for 911ep

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”