Siren info needed

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Siren info needed

Post by kb4mdz »

Need some info (schematics) on a "Southern Vehicle Products" model SA-450-80 siren. , made by Carson Manufacturing Comp., Indianapolis, IN.

One thing I'm trying to do is change the rise & fall time on the "WAIL" function; (this is for a prop for a marching band show, of all things!)

After that's all done, I want to just put it in as an air-horn, & maybe PA. Don't need no real live si-reen on my ride!! Just a lot of air-horn noise!!

If you don't have anything on this specific model, maybe something by the same manufacturer would be close enough.

Regards,
Chuk G.
kb4mdz
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

I would call Carson and ask them. They do not list their Schematics online, due to patend infringement possibilities.
John
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Siren info needed

Post by kb4mdz »

Actually, just after I typed my request, I decided to see if Carson, or whoever, is still around. Yup, they've changed hands etc., but I found manual for SA450-90; pretty darn close.
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Yes all their manuals are online, and Carson has never changed hands. They were producing for other companies and now they only sell under their own name. I love their products and their customer service is top notch. I wish more companies were like them.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”