Fed Sig FA3 Flasher ~ intsructions or advice needed

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cheeko

Fed Sig FA3 Flasher ~ intsructions or advice needed

Post by Cheeko »

Hi all

I have just found a FED SIG FA3 flasher in a box of kit sent to me

I belive its an alternating relay for upto 10amps each side

The problem I am having is I cant get it to flash I can get it to steady burn one output but that is it.

On the bottom there are 3 spade terminals marked X L1 L2 and a fixed wire

I am persuming that the fixed wire is ground and the X is the power input and L1 and L2 are the light heads respectuflly.

Does anyone know how these are fitted I only want them on a couple of led lights in my edge bar

Thanks guys hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

Paul
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Those flashers will not work the LED lights.

Jason
Cheeko

Post by Cheeko »

Hi KB9KST

I take it then they will work with halogen lights.

Im in the process of changing the lights in my edge bar over to LED but I do still have one or two halo lights on the vehicle.

How would these be wired I have tried them with 2 lights on the bench and it still just locked up and steady burned on one side and no flashing from it.

Thanks for the help

Paul
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Cheeko

Post by Cheeko »

Hi mate

Thanks for that I did a search on fed sigs site and came up with nowt so nice one fella.

iv just tried the flasher on 2 21w and 2 55w light heads to no avail so im guessing the flasher is caput oh well not to worry it only cost me a couple of quid from my supplier as he chucked it in condition unknown so iv not lost out on it really.

Thanks for the help once again

Paul

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”