911 EP LED light bar

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio259

911 EP LED light bar

Post by radio259 »

:evil: Thoughts on the 911 EP LED light bar. I have sold 6 this past year. 5 have had one or more power supplies in the bar explode, and the three oldest bars, (10 months), are pitted and corroded horribly foe less than one year old.

Tried to sell Code 3 or Whelen, but the customer is alwuays right.

Any one else have this problem???

PB
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Those are the biggest POS's on the market. I have story's to tell.

SG
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
Last edited by kg4ere on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

OMG, I wasn't even thinking about their sh1tty customer (dis)service.

They sell two kinds of light bars, one that takes on water like the Titanic, and the other bursts into flames for no apparent reason.

I will second running away from this pile of junk.

SG
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

There was a thread about this on elightbars about how a police chief was getting something like a 3+ month wait for service on new bars after they caught fire. It wasn't until he started going to the newspapers and internet board that a VP had someone out there to fix stuff quick. He still isn't happy.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Well, one of my local departments has 10 or 11 of them. The only problem has been moisture in the modules. They haven't had any fires or meltdowns so far, and are ordering 5 more this year. Although it may be too little too late, the customer service has come around full turn. I have been with them for 2.5 years so far. The new LED Stars and Stick products are pretty nice too. Just my experience, I know there have been plenty of problems.
John
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:roll: Got a call back on friday. FINALLY!!! Waiting for 4 days. they acknowledge there is a "minor problem". We are getting the replacement modules we need for the cooked ones, and some type of upgrade kit to prevent them from going up in smoke again.

Think we will still stik with Federal, code 3, or Whelen.

PB
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Post by 60A »

radio259 wrote: Think we will still stik with Federal, code 3, or Whelen.

PB
I know this about 911EP, but I have to add in here about how displeased I am with the code3 LED 2100's. We have one on our security truck, and we have had the arrowstick modules replaced twice now. Multiple led's in a module fail, and we've had this happen in multiple modules.

Just my two cents :o
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

There isn't any company out there that has a perfect record, and the same goes for poor customer service.
John
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

SafetyLighting wrote:There isn't any company out there that has a perfect record, and the same goes for poor customer service.

Your right, but 911EP goes beyond the call of duty with crappy service and equipment. I used to endorse these people, my buddy is a rep for them, but after the last batch of horse$hit I went through................ they can keep their product.
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

I don't really blame you. I stick with them in the hopes that things will get better.

John
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

i know i am local to Whelen but there Cust service is excellent my bare is 4 years old now and it still looks good as new it is one of the first LED Liberty out. nd it still rocks with no Probken (except for a Burnt out halogen alley)

it is going back it to have some upgrades doen have blasts removed for the newer light heads with the built in cruise
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

KitN1MCC wrote:i know i am local to Whelen but there Cust service is excellent my bare is 4 years old now and it still looks good as new it is one of the first LED Liberty out. nd it still rocks with no Probken (except for a Burnt out halogen alley)

it is going back it to have some upgrades doen have blasts removed for the newer light heads with the built in cruise
That is definitely breaking the ghetto barrier!!! :P :P :D :D :) :)

SG
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

lolol
John
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

hahah, he means well! it's all that 'valley' water he gets down there by the Arigoni bridge....
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

spectragod wrote:
KitN1MCC wrote:i know i am local to Whelen but there Cust service is excellent my bare is 4 years old now and it still looks good as new it is one of the first LED Liberty out. nd it still rocks with no Probken (except for a Burnt out halogen alley)

That is definitely breaking the ghetto barrier!!! :P :P :D :D :) :)

SG
first time in a long time i actually understood what he said :lol:
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

It has been my experience that the LS12 is comparable to the Dual Talon and other size lights for the price. Are you comparing Apples to Apples here?
John
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
rcpd34

911EP

Post by rcpd34 »

I've been a 911EP distributor since the beginning. They have a a rough road; especially during the AH aquisition. However, their latest product release is far better then anything out before. They are well built and don't fade like Whelen does. Don't get me wrong, Whelen makes great stuff, but much of their LED's fade when they get hot as they don't dissipate heat as well. As far as pricing goes, your discount level depends on the quantity of product purchased. I find that the stick products are very comparable to the competition price wise. As far as the Galaxy goes, there is no other LED lightbar on the market that has better off-axis visability. They do have a fix kit being sent out free of charge to a limited number of Galaxy lightbars and will even pay to have it installed. If you have a problem, my experience has been, they stand behind their product. What more could you ask for?
Brian Paul
Freestate Services, LLC
P.O. Box 1515
Rockville MD 20849
301-963-5880
Nextel National Direct Connect 164*71*315
http://www.EmergencyVehicleSolutions.com
Double_Deuz

Post by Double_Deuz »

911 EP has there ups and downs. What can ya do.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”