SS2000-LMS good or bad?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K6UK

SS2000-LMS good or bad?

Post by K6UK »

I have a chance to pick up a SS2000-LMS at a good price. I haven't heard a lot about this particular unit, so thought I would ask the obvious question. Am I going to regret getting the LMS version for any reason? I don't really need the LMS, but I'm getting a good deal, so I figured why not?

-Mike
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

If the price is right, what's the harm?
K6UK

Post by K6UK »

Well... I had heard that the LMS might be more "trouble", but then that might have been a post written by someone who didn't know how to properly set one up.

As luck would have it... I purchased a s2000sm (the seller thought it was an LMS) so I'll never know :) - but I like my new SmartSiren anyway.

-Mike
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Well, if you set it up properly, you won't have a problem! :)

The LMS is nice if you like to run a lot of equipement, but don't want to kill your alternator at idle if it doesn't put out a lot of amps. Really can't get any better than that.

What did you pay for it?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
K6UK

Post by K6UK »

Well as I said... the seller thought it was a NIB LMS, but it turned out to be just the Signal Master version. I got it for 325, which I think is pretty good for brand new in box. Don't feel compelled to dash my illusions though! :)

-Mike
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Good product. Good price. You should not be disapointed.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”