2007 CVPI Horn Ring

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DaBigBR

2007 CVPI Horn Ring

Post by DaBigBR »

We upfitted a new 2007 CVPI last month and ran in to an issue. The horn ring transfer wires were not under the driver's side dash where the Modifier's Guide said they would be, and they were not on the passenger side where the were in the 2006.

Has anybody else run in to this? Has anybody found the wires somewhere else.

I know that I can dig around and do the wiring closer to the horn buttons themselves, but I would much prefer to go the "easy" route.

Any help is appreciated.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Best I could get from Ford was that the car had to be ordered with that "option", even though the upfitter guide does not say it's optional, I had the same issue with 4 07's I just built.

SG
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

Thanks for the reply...not encouraging.

The 2007 is my assigned car and I had really fallen in love with the horn ring transfer in the 2006 we built last year the handful of times that I had to drive that car.
foreman

Post by foreman »

Pull the a/c controls. It's taped to the cables close to the firewall. We haven't found a good way to get to them with-out pulling the front of the dash. Still not much work and faster than tapping in elsewhere.
Shop Foreman
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, right where the upfitter guide says they are. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks for the handy info, I'll check the next one I get in.

SG

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”