Hideaways and Whelen SA314p Compact speaker on a Wrangler

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

grnresqjeep

Hideaways and Whelen SA314p Compact speaker on a Wrangler

Post by grnresqjeep »

Hello All, I am looking for suggestions on two things. First of all I have a 2001 Jeep wrangler. I have hide-aways placed in the front parking lights. Ever since I installed them I have had a problem with the connections getting wet and muddy (they are above the tire because everything in the wheel well is in the open) when they do get wet and muddy they short out which of course shorts out everything on my supply. I have tried hardwireing,Electrical tape, strobe waterproof connectors and nothing seem to protect them from the elements enough. Im looking for any suggestions as I do miss the hide-aways.

Secondly I have two Whelen sa314p's mounted to the front of my brushguard, do to the manner in which they are mounted I can not put anything over them to keep the driving snow out. At this point I have some aluminum screen just pressed in there and that has helped a little bit, looking to see if anyone has any suggestions from experience about what i can place over the front to keep them from getting plugged. Thank you for any help or suggestion.
Redundancy is saftey, have a back-up for your back-up
Pimpala03
What radios do you own?: M1225, HT100, P1225, etc

Post by Pimpala03 »

Some people cover them up with wiremesh, some with pantyhose, some claim spraying PAM on there works.
In God we trust. Everyone else, we run through NCIC, Thinkstream, and III.
grnresqjeep

Post by grnresqjeep »

Thank you. I have tried the pam trick, it worked great for a short (like 5 min) time but soon caused the road salt then the snow to stick even more. Panty hose just didnt seem thick enough plus the way I mounted them it is hard to get anything completely over it because the back of the speaker is flush against the bumper. Thank you for the ideas though.
Redundancy is saftey, have a back-up for your back-up
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Pimpala03 wrote:Some people cover them up with wiremesh, some with pantyhose, some claim spraying PAM on there works.
be sure to use the Leggs black sheer if going the pantyhose route,better looking than the tan or white kinds.
Seen pantyhose used in high dust/sand area such as AZ and NV to cover speakers.
PAM? Polymer Applied Masking? or the stuff I use to do over easy eggs on?
:)
Wayne

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”