SIREN PROGRAMMING HELP PLEASE

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigJim

SIREN PROGRAMMING HELP PLEASE

Post by BigJim »

I've never programmed a siren before and don't exactly understand the function of the "MAN" key. Manually powers up or down the amp?

I understand the rest of the functions and would just like to get an explanation of what the man button does and if it's needed. Also how big a fuse is needed for the power wire?

Putting an 1185B on a Syntor X9000.

Thanks, BJ
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Its just a momentary pulse of the siren for however long you hold the button. If you tap it twice, you hear "whooop whooop".
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
BigJim

Post by BigJim »

That was quick!

Thanks a bunch, case closed..

BJ
akardam

Post by akardam »

To expand on that a little bit...

The MAN (manual) button is used in conjunction with either a horn ring transfer or the AIRHN (airhorn) button on the control head. In the RSS, you program what tone you want to use with manual input. It can be wail, yelp, or airhorn.

So yes, if you have the manual tone selected, you can press the vehicle horn switch or the airhorn button, and whatever tone you programmed for manual will sound as long as you're pressing it.

On the x9000's, you have to arm the siren before you can use the airhorn button. The same may be true for the horn ring transfer, though I don't have any direct experience with that mode. On the Astro Spectras, you can select the manual tone and hit the airhorn button without arming the siren.
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

I always wonder what that MAN do if program on the RSS on an astro spectra. I tried it before but nothing happen. I tried one time by programming three bottons, one for wail, manual, and siren to activate it.. siren worked but never got the manual to work ever.
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

on some sirens you can push the Manual button and it will change the siren tone to your pre-programmed tone for a short amount of time. Say if you were coming up to an intersection using wail and there was a lot of cross traffic, you could tap Manual and it would automatically change the siren tone to the priority/hyperyelp tone (name depends on manufacturer) for 10 seconds. That gives you enough time to get through the intersection using the more powerful siren tone, before the siren automatically goes back to the siren tone you were using on your approach to the intersection. Its a great and easy method to clear traffic safer without having to take one hand off the wheel for ages pressing all these different buttons to change the tones, when all you have to do is take your hand off the wheel once for a second to press the button. Also I'm pretty sure that you can set this feature up on the horn ring scroll so that all you would have to do is press the horn while the siren is activated and it does it. Pretty handy feature. Maybe one of the two horn buttons could be set up to do siren change and the other one of the two set up to do airhorn, but when the siren isn't activated one of the horn buttons stays on manual so you could do the whoop whoop and the other is the standard car horn sound???? I'm not sure :-?
Motorola, Federal Signal and the MX7000 RULE!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”