Whelen Freedom Lightbar & Super 600 Configuration & Software

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jc29ems

Whelen Freedom Lightbar & Super 600 Configuration & Software

Post by jc29ems »

Hi All,
My department is in the process of ordering a new engine. The truck will be equipped with a Whelen Freedom lightbar and Whelen Super 600 Series lighting around the body. Can anyone tell me what we need to have them do so we will be able to change the flash patterns in both the lightbar and lightheads? Is there any special options we need to tell them?

We just recently received a new tanker with a freedom lightbar and I was told we have to find the end of the wiring harness to be able to change the patterns, isn't there an easier way?

I am hearing some things about WeCan, can anyone explain this stuff to me?

Thanks!!
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Re: Whelen Freedom Lightbar & Super 600 Configuration & Software

Post by nmfire10 »

That is how they will do it. Unless you tell them "I want this pattern, It will probably end up on some default pattern that meets the NFPA candlepower specification. This is why they don't wire in pattern control to apparatus. First, it isn't necessary. And second, not all the patterns will meet the NFPA requirements.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”