Problem with Millennium lightbar - only back of bar working

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ke5ehi
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom W32a, Motorola XTS, XTL

Problem with Millennium lightbar - only back of bar working

Post by ke5ehi »

I'm working on building up one of our reserve cars and just installed a 911EP Millennium lightbar that I was told was working. Stupid me. Installed it without checking it first. So, now comes the fun part. When I power it on, I only get light from the back of the bar (just the rear, not the ends). When on code 3, the MR8s (the halogens) flash as normal, but still only the back of the bar works. I tried another CID just to make sure, and no change. Also checked the fuses in the bar and all are good and present. Would missing/bad LED modules might cause this? I'm at a dead end and wondering if anyone knew what it might be or what else to check. Thanks!
ke5ehi
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom W32a, Motorola XTS, XTL

Re: Problem with Millennium lightbar - only back of bar working

Post by ke5ehi »

Got it fixed. Not sure how/why necessarily. I remember when I originally tried to test it, there was a +12VDC ran to the programming position on the CID box. So I just hit power to it again and now the whole bar works. Not sure what it did, but it fixed it.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”