Need Wiring Info For Whelen Mini Edge 9000 w/ SL6 Pwr Supply

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HKMP5
New User
What radios do you own?: P200, MT1000, Maxtrac, XTS2500

Need Wiring Info For Whelen Mini Edge 9000 w/ SL6 Pwr Supply

Post by HKMP5 »

Can anyone give me the wiring hookup help for a Whelen Mini Edge 9000. It has a single Take Down Halogen in the front and Left and Right Alley Lights. The power supply is a SL6.
The harness has 10 wires.
Black, Red, White, Blue, Brown, Green, Violet, Gray, Orange, Yellow

I have found that Black is ground, Red makes all strobes work, Yellow and Green are L/R alley lights, Orange is Take down, Brown kills front strobes, Gray and Violet changes flash patterns. Blue is unknown and White seems to be a ground.

I can't get any flash patterns on take down or alley lights. I think it is how I am wiring it. I have a box with a Master switch, 360 Strobe, Front Flash, Rear Flash, Wig Wag, Take Down, Rear Strobe, Left Alley, Right Alley, and Radio.

Any experience would help. Whelen has deleted all support material from their web site.

Thanks....
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Need Wiring Info For Whelen Mini Edge 9000 w/ SL6 Pwr Supply

Post by FireCpt809 »

Its still there.. I use it all the time at the shop.

http://www.whelen.com/install/manuals/lightbars.html
HKMP5
New User
What radios do you own?: P200, MT1000, Maxtrac, XTS2500

Post by HKMP5 »

I have been all over that link and did not click on the discontinued areas thinking they had been disabled. After a review of all of them, it looks like I really need ID help with what model Edge bar I have. The sticker is worn off where model and serial nmber should be.

It is an Edge 9000 Series Mini (Approx 24" Wide). It has 4 strobes angled on each corner, left and right alley lights that are halogen, and a single take down halogen light the same size as the alley lights. The power supply is an SL6. The cable is a single gray 10 conductor wire with all solid colored wires as I noted in my original post. I know newer models have a power cable and a control cable with lots of multi color wires. Looking at all Edge models on the Whelen web site I did not see any with the single gray 10 conductor listed.

Any help would be appreciated... I am hoping to find out if the takedown or alley lights can be made to flash.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

The only bars that can flash the alleys and take down are matrix bars they had a single power and ground with a seprate cable for the turn on functions. You can flash the alleys with an external flasher

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”