Whelen HHS2200 Hand Held Programmable Siren

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The Comish

Whelen HHS2200 Hand Held Programmable Siren

Post by The Comish »

Has anyone out there installed or used one of these Whelen Handheld Siren devices...we are looking at installing them in some undercover vehicles where room is limited.
http://www.sirennet.com/whhhs2200.html

Any comments or help is appreciated before we spend the bucks on these.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: Whelen HHS2200 Hand Held Programmable Siren

Post by thebigphish »

For light duty under cover stuff, they are decent. One of our chiefs had me put in a 2100, my biggest gripe was the "stickers" that are on the buttons for ID. Just from regular use, the stickers slid off and the buttons became unmarked. I would rather see the "pop out" buttons like the moto CDM series has, where you can just pluck out the whole button to replace the legend.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Post by nick.dejohn »

I have the 2100 in my 2007 Expedition and I love it. The only down fault to the whole system is the limited abilities to expand out. The new 2200 system has the ability to divide up operation of the system through the programming and the ability to program different siren tones. The good part as well is that the 2 systems are backwards compatible. Now, I'm looking to get just the brains/amplifier of the 2200 system so I can put it in and take out the 2100 system.
Nick
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

usually people who are looking for a HHS style unit, are not that concerned about the ability to expand out. If you want to "expand out", you tend to have bigger issues on your hand, and are not concerned with the simplicity of the system, or it's covert-ness.

FWIW.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Ive installed a few for some 3 letter agencies. They are fine for UC stuff.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”