03+ Crown Vic horn/siren jumper

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tgo

03+ Crown Vic horn/siren jumper

Post by tgo »

On p. 3-8 of the 2004 Ford Crown Victoria modifier's guide, there is a picture of an optional (VSO) jumper harness that appears to simplify the connection of the horn ring to a siren (Item #3 in picture). Anyone know if this harness is a Ford item which can be ordered (part # would be especially helpful)?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 03+ Crown Vic horn/siren jumper

Post by spectragod »

Yes & no, it used to be able to be ordered, Ford supposedly discontinued it, I have a box of them, I can get a part # on Monday.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by tgo »

Would appreciate it, thanks.
tgo

Post by tgo »

Any results from your inspection? Thanks.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

This completely slipped my mind, your part # is.....

5W7Z-14A411-AB, they call it a "wiring assembly".

Good luck
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by tgo »

Thanks, I have one of these, but it is for 2005 and up only. 2003 & -04 have a different steering column and wiring connectors. Any one else? Need one, thanks.
Iridium3
New User

Post by Iridium3 »

Hi Y'all: From 2004 thru 2010, Crown Vics that did not have the police package wiring on the passenger side below the glovebox: I ran a green and violet twisted pair from the siren thru the firewall to the Ford relay panel in the engine compartment. Unbolt the relay panel and flip it over, cut and splice in the grn and vio wires to the bottom of the horn relay. Wallah, you now have siren horn ring. PTL!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”