Mini-Whelen Liberty LED Cruise Light setup

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johncody
New User
What radios do you own?: I-COM A200, A210, A6

Mini-Whelen Liberty LED Cruise Light setup

Post by johncody »

I'm trying to setup my Mini-liberty with cruise lights. I know there is a low power setting but it only works when the light bar is flashing but not when in steady burn mode. Is there a control box with a low power setting or another way to get cruise on my light bar? Any input will help. Thank you.
There is no substitute for Whelen Freedom.
ka8ypy

Re: Mini-Whelen Liberty LED Cruise Light setup

Post by ka8ypy »

According to the installation manual, there is no cruise mode on the Mini-Liberty.

http://www.whelen.com/install/137/13764.pdf

DB
johncody
New User

Post by johncody »

Yes, I do have the installation manual also, I guess I failed to communicate that I'm looking for a way to lower the voltage to the light bar, while the lights are set to steady burn, to get the cruise light setting without the cruise light function being present on the current control board. If at all possible or if anyone knows if there is a control box that has a low power setting that doesn't apply 12v to the control board, how whelen activates the low power setting. Thank you for the help.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Why not set the corners to steady burn, and then use the violet wire for low power?

There is really no way to wire an additional flasher to the LEDs without a whole lot of extras, Diodes on all of the wires between the flashers and the LEDs to begin with, extra wires for power and control of the extra flasher, etc.
johncody
New User

Post by johncody »

Funny thing, I was going to setup a friends mini-liberty and assumed it was the standard liberty control board, which has a low power setting but doesn't work on the steady burn. Well it turns out the liberty has a freedom control board and can do just what you mentioned, applying power to the purple wire. So, my question posted here was premature and had I just waited to have the bar in hand I would have been able to answer my own question. I apologise for taking up your time. It's been real! Thank you.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

No problem at all.

DB

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”