Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 or CF-31

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 or CF-31

Post by fire_master_21 »

So I have to start spending my budget. I am in need of a new PC for programming. I have narrowed it down to the above listed models. I have never used a toughbook but, if you had your choice between the two what would it be? This will be my all around work laptop. Attending trainings, programming (in and out of apparatus) so I am leaning more towards the 19 with it being smaller in size.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 or CF-31

Post by FireCpt809 »

We use both at my FD 31's for the dispatch MDC and the 19's for Patient care reporting. The 19 has some really tiny keys, but can be fliped to work as a tablet. I use a CF29 for my everyday computing and CPS programming.
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

My work laptop is a CF-19 and it works great as an all around machine. I needed the serial port for radios, network equipment and such. The only thing that gets annoying is when I have to remote to something over the VPN.. the small screen gets annoying at that point.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

I have an 18, 30 & 31, I fat finger the keyboard on the 18 all the time, hence it's low hours, had it for 3 years, it may have 300 hours on it, for me, the keys and screen are just too small.

I use the 30 as a primary programming computer, works like a champ and has never let me down. The 31 is my toy, I have used it for some programming, it works fine for that, it is much faster than the 30, and you can load it with 8 meg of memory.

If it is something your going to use a lot, I wouldn't go smaller than the 31, just speaking from my experience.
Last edited by spectragod on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

decided on going with a fulled optioned out cf-31. Ordered. Thanks for the input.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”