Mini PCI-E Wifi recommendations?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Mini PCI-E Wifi recommendations?

Post by Pj »

Looking to swap out my two cards in the MW and ML for some -N or -ac cards. Anyone have a recommendation on a nice make/model of these cards that seem to have pretty good performance?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Re: Mini PCI-E Wifi recommendations?

Post by linkinpark9812 »

Pj wrote:Looking to swap out my two cards in the MW and ML for some -N or -ac cards. Anyone have a recommendation on a nice make/model of these cards that seem to have pretty good performance?
How many antennas does the laptop have? 2 or 3? I have the Intel Centrino 6200 (2 antenna connectors). Works great and very cheap.

http://www.intel.com/products/wireless/ ... /index.htm
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Two on both, but I only use one on the MW. I saw the 6200, but I believe I need the full sized boards to use them without trying to find a workable adapter. The ones I have seen are for Dell's, but I couldn't tell if there was a universal adpater.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Post by linkinpark9812 »

Pj wrote:Two on both, but I only use one on the MW. I saw the 6200, but I believe I need the full sized boards to use them without trying to find a workable adapter. The ones I have seen are for Dell's, but I couldn't tell if there was a universal adpater.
Not sure what you mean about the adapter. The 6200 uses a Mini PCI-E connector. I have one installed in my Asus Laptop and it works fine.
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”