ML900 Thouch Screen problem

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wd4llq
New User

ML900 Thouch Screen problem

Post by wd4llq »

I recently aquired a ML900 cheap. The battery is bad but it runs OK on AC adaptor. The touch screen is crazy in rthat when I pen left the cursor goes left, right goes right. Pen up the cousor goes DOWN and pen down the cursor goes UP. :o Wacky! I.ve reloaded the drivers and peeked at the config file with no luck. Could a cable be pluged backwards on the touch PCB? I figured I ask before opening it up. Also the WIFI (802x) module is absent. Is that a generic piece?
wd4llq
New User

Re: ML900 Thouch Screen problem

Post by wd4llq »

Well, after opening up the screen case it appeared all was well there. I found some updated drivers from the Mfr of the touchscreen and that fixed it. There are even more options to configure. It was a "Universal driver" for serial of USB boards. www.penmount.com
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: ML900 Thouch Screen problem

Post by Pj »

Penmount is the OEM of touch function.

If you didn't already, on the Motorola/Symbol site (and should be in one of my ML900 product guides) is the current drivers/software for the ML900 and ML900-NOA. Those should work well and play nice with the hardware as spec'd by Moto.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”