Using DOSBox

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dag
New User
What radios do you own?: amateur

Using DOSBox

Post by dag »

I was just trying DOSBox, ver 0.74 with the MTSX RSS and had problems with the serial port. My machine is a HP desktop with Windows XP SP3. The serial port works fine if I boot from a DOS drive using the MTSX program. Has anyone had any success with this?
David Gosselin
CETsr, SETMSS
KD4HTU
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Using DOSBox

Post by wavetar »

The only DOSbox version that people here have had success with is a modified version of v0.65. However, even with that one, I've never been able to get it to do MTSX/MCS/HT1000/Visar family of radios. It works like a champ for all the "maxtrac" style RSS such as Maxtrac/GM300/SM50-120/P110/GP300-350/LCS-LTS/etc.

There have been a few posts of people saying they've gotten it to work with the higher end RSS. I'd like to see a screenshot of the codeplug reading or writing through DOSbox if that's the case, along with their config file parameters.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Have you strapped the com port to COM1 in the config file?
dag
New User
What radios do you own?: amateur

Post by dag »

Escomm asks, "Have you strapped the com port to COM1 in the config file?"

Do you mean like this?
serial1=directserial realport:com1
I have tried adding the optional rxdelay: to some value started at 200 jumped to 500, then 1000. Question is, what is that value? Milliseconds, microseconds? Clocks? The DOSbox wiki doesn't go into it.
David Gosselin
CETsr, SETMSS
KD4HTU

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”