RS-232 cable?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gregwa8dli
New User

RS-232 cable?

Post by gregwa8dli »

Hi I'am having trouble with my RS-232 port. The cable you show on this web site is a 9 pin computer to a 9 pin after market rib. This web site shows a 9 pin computer to a 15 pin rib cpnnector[ when I try to use it I get a serial port error # 011. I;ve tried switching com port still doesn't work HELP!
wavetar
Administrator

Re: RS-232 cable?

Post by wavetar »

Which websites are you referring to? Please post links to the cables in question. Also, are you using an OEM Motorola RIB, or another type? What radio(s) are you trying to program?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
gregwa8dli
New User

Post by gregwa8dli »

My rib box is not Motorola however it has worked quite well on other model radios. the one I tried was a GM-300.
The only difference is the radio, radio to rib cable, and the software to program. I guess that means the computer the rs232 cable and the rib are ok?
gregwa8dli
New User

Post by gregwa8dli »

The web site I'am referring to is batlabs cables.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

So to be clear, you're saying you've programmed other radio models with your computer, RIB, and RS232 cable? You're just having trouble with this GM300? If so then yes, I would say the issue is most likely either your radio cable, or the radio itself.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”