Panasonic CF-29 with strange display problem

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

Panasonic CF-29 with strange display problem

Post by Jim202 »

Have a CF-29 laptop that the screen just goes crazy after using it for a few minutes. With no warning, all I get is lines on the screen. No key stroke makes any change. If you boot the computer from a cold start, it will run for a while and do the same thing. The ALT, CTRL, DEL key combo doesn't do anything.

My question is if it was a bad connection in the computer, I would think that once it did the line trick, it would stay that way. But this is not the case. So the second thought is maybe there is a software glitch. That means probably rebuilding the hard drive or another hard drive from scratch. Just haven't had the time yet to try that route.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim
tuckerm

Re: Panasonic CF-29 with strange display problem

Post by tuckerm »

Can you take a picture of this happening and post it here? My guess is the LCD flex cable is probably loose...but it's hard to tell from your post what exactly its doing without a pic.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Re: Panasonic CF-29 with strange display problem

Post by nukedude »

Mine began doing this before the main motherboard failed. Took some work on eBay to find a donor board, but luckily the CF-29 is a common model.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”