Motorola ML900 Help needed reloading OS

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

augnut
New User

Motorola ML900 Help needed reloading OS

Post by augnut »

Hello guys, Here's the story:
I picked up a used ML900 second Gen with the 1.8 GHz Pentium M (Centrino) Processor. This laptop looks great but it has the rubber boot torn off the power button and the rubber seals torn off all the doors to make it waterproof. Why? Maybe the previous owner drank too much coffee? Anyways no big deal, I am not going swimming with it. It came with Windows 7 Professional and worked fine.
BUT!!! I need it to program radios so I decided to load XP over the Windows 7 Pro. So I started to load XP Pro over the 7 Pro and now I am screwed. The XP came up with errors and would not load & the 7 doesn't work either. Now I have a useless laptop that gives me an "error loading operating system" and that's it. I can't even boot from the CD or USB. Does anyone sell a restore disc for XP Pro for this system? I have the OEM COA Sticker so that is not a problem. Any ideas on the next step or a direction to go in would be greatly appreciated.
jackhackett

Re: Motorola ML900 Help needed reloading OS

Post by jackhackett »

Can you tell us the exact model? It should be something like L3394 or Hk1223.
What kind of errors did you get when installing XP? Did it give you errors while installing or did it install and then not boot?
Are you installing from an official Microsoft installation disk?
augnut
New User

Re: Motorola ML900 Help needed reloading OS

Post by augnut »

Figured it out, it was a problem with partitioning. Once I got the drive partitioned & formatted properly, it all was downhill from there! Thanks for trying to help anyways!

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”