DVI 90 degree elbow??

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

DVI 90 degree elbow??

Post by kb0nly »

Anyone know a source for a 90 degree DVI adapter? I'm trying to help a guy out that bought some used rack mount server's, they are too deep with a video cable coming off the card to fit in a standard equipment rack so whoever originally upgraded the video cards in them put this DVI-DVI 90 degree angle adapter on there and plugged the video cable into that so it hangs down at the back rather than sticking out. One system has the adapter on it, the other went missing, probably still on the monitor cable wherever it is, the other one is still on there because the hold down screw heads were stripped so they unplugged the video cable and left the adapter on the system.

I would love to find a source for them to use myself also, can't count how many times i come across a desktop stuffed in a desk with the video cable wedged in there.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Try calling these guys... I have gone there and ordered some oddball parts and connectors from them before.

http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

I've been to that place several times. They have a lot of neat stuff: Jameco and NTE parts, cables, PC accessories, chemicals, etc. If they have what you want or you aren't sure, I could take a run up there; it's about 35 minutes away and I always find stuff to buy to refill my stock bins.

Bob M.
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

I will have a look there. I bought a lot of misc stuff from them over the years for building programming cables and custom computers, etc.

Never even thought about checking for this adapter.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

bob i will save you the trip.

kb0nly, i am under 3 miles from there, and am a regular customer...you find it on their site, i will get it for you, just PM me.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

heres an oldie: http://www.pasternack.com/Default.aspx

I haven't looked around the site in a while.....
techie
Batboard $upporter

Post by techie »

Try these folks..

http://www.shaxon.com
-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
Bob Vaughan | techie@tantivy.net
AF6RR | P.O.Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

If cables and connectors has them i can't find em! They do have right angle DVI cables but its not what i was looking for.

Most of the cables i have found listed as a right angle cable have the plug parallel to the cable, so the cable would be parallel to the video card coming off the jack. What i have to deal with is a right angle that is perpendicular to the card and cable.

Anyway, i did find one here..

http://www.svideo.com/dvirightangle1.html

So that takes care of the one i really needed. Now i would like to find a cheaper source to get some for my computers and have some on hand. I will check the places you guys suggested and keep my eye on some others. I might just call C&C and ask them also, they have always been helpful by email or phone.

techie
Batboard $upporter

Post by techie »

Also check Markertek.. http://www.markertek.com
-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
Bob Vaughan | techie@tantivy.net
AF6RR | P.O.Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”