Pc In Car controling Lights etc

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cheeko

Pc In Car controling Lights etc

Post by Cheeko »

Hi all

I remeber there being a thing a while back about some computer software that was being developed for controling lights etc.

Im in the middle of fitting a pc into the car for doing stuff like gps and mp3 and one of the lad said wont it be cool if we could control the lights and stuff.

The pc thats going in the car is a mini pc and wont take pci cards so im limited to serial or usb.

Did anything ever come of this or is there any kit that given enough time could be made to work.

All the stuff is in and wired it would just be a case of tapping into each realy trip from the pc and sorting a front end of some description.

Just thought id pick your brains and maybe sort myself a little project out to play with

All the best guys

Paul
DakotasKustoms

Post by DakotasKustoms »

-Dakota
-DakotasKustoms.com
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Nothing more frightening than seeing an emergency vehicle running windows............

Then again, Road Rescue also sells ambulances with embedded windows ce....
DakotasKustoms

Post by DakotasKustoms »

Digital CP is able to run on both Windows Platform and Linux...
-Dakota
-DakotasKustoms.com
Pimpala03
What radios do you own?: M1225, HT100, P1225, etc

Post by Pimpala03 »

Are you talking about Project 54?
In God we trust. Everyone else, we run through NCIC, Thinkstream, and III.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

There was some kind of user made thing which was "project 54"-esque on a smaller level, but in a nutshell yes...i believe he is talking about p54.

There are a couple of people here heavily affiliated with p54ward, and are probably great resources. Search and PM and wonder no more!
Cheeko

Post by Cheeko »

Hi guys

Thanks for the info, I was aware of project 54 that was the voice controled cruiser wasnt it ???

Iv manged to make some headway in finding the kit and found a USB card that can change an output to hi or lo ( on and off ) and these can be linked so I may look into that.

Once again thanks for the info I wasnt sure if anything had happend since I last saw it posted I dont get chance to check the boards as often as I would like to, and sort of lost touch.

Iv just put a PC in the car and wanted something that looked fancy lol would still be keeping the controler as I dont trust a pc based system 100%.

All the best guys

Paul

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”