ML900 batteries

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jackhackett

ML900 batteries

Post by jackhackett »

Can anyone recommend a good source for ML900 replacement batteries (other than Moto of course)? I've seen some sites carrying EMC 202S batteries, the ones in the laptops say EMC 202S-20 though, not sure if they're the same.
PSandvick
New User

Re: ML900 batteries

Post by PSandvick »

I was wondering if you ever found a source for batteries?

The batteries in our ML900s last about 6-8 months. We bought some from a Motorola dealer online that knock off about $20 on the $220 Motorola price, but that is still too much for the way they have been lasting. I am tempted to try some third party brands I have seen kicking around out there for less than half the price that Motorola wants.

Also, Motorola has told me now that they have replaced the battery with a different design, but of course, same fancy price. I am tempted to break down and buy one just to see how it is different.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

We've gotten a few of the newer Moto ones, hey have a different part number, other than that I can't say if there's any difference or not, I guess I'll have to see how long it is before any of them come back dead.

We're going to try some aftermarket ones, I'll try to keep you updated.
tea_rfh
New User

Post by tea_rfh »

We got one redone at batteryrefill.com--so far so good. We also bought 7 or 8 of the newer version from Motorola--not cheap but they're working OK so far. We have 60 "originals" from 3 years ago and about 50% are junk...very frustrating.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

I have to say our ML900 batteries leave me very worried when programming, as they die VERY quickly. And these have been babied since delivery!
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

tea_rfh wrote:We got one redone at batteryrefill.com--so far so good. We also bought 7 or 8 of the newer version from Motorola--not cheap but they're working OK so far. We have 60 "originals" from 3 years ago and about 50% are junk...very frustrating.
3 years? Expect the other 50% to go real soon. I'm now finding bad ones with an '06 date code.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

http://www.voltdepot.com/product/Batter ... /16632.php we just put in an order for this.. overnight... out of California

Post by FirstIF »

Jim2121 wrote:http://www.voltdepot.com/product/Batter ... /16632.php we just put in an order for this.. overnight... out of California
Jim2121 - how are the batteries from volt depot working for you?

Anyone else using non-Motorola batteries in the ML900? We are interested in switching due to price and non-quality of the Moto battery.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

Still Good... but there brand New! company offers 1yr. warranty
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
tea_rfh
New User

Post by tea_rfh »

we're now buying ML900 batteries from Interstatebatteries.com--so far, so good @ the 3 month mark
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

tea_rfh wrote:we're now buying ML900 batteries from Interstatebatteries.com--so far, so good @ the 3 month mark
Looks to be more expensive (unless you opened an account) Interstate is a good company also. whats the Interstate warranty? I could not view that page?
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
tea_rfh
New User

Post by tea_rfh »

We DO have an account with them & buy several radio batteries, etc. call them--the price you see on the web will not be what you pay....

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”