CF-28

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nexrad16
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: APX V/7 & V/U Liberty

CF-28

Post by Nexrad16 »

Just got a CF-28 and have a couple q's.

1) How do I know if its touch screen capable?

2) How do I know if it has wireless? I does have the blinking wireless antenna and email icon to the left of the handle.

Thanks!
wmerch80
What radios do you own?: HT-1000, MT-2000, XTS5000

Post by wmerch80 »

Go to the Panasonic Toughbook website and download the touch screen drivers for your model. If yours has a touch screen the drivers will activate it. As far as the wireless, take the battery cover off and look under the battery. There should be a pcmcia type module there. It will also be attached to an antenna wire that runs up to the retractable antenna at the top of the screen. The only problem with the one that normally comes with the CF-28 is that it was a CDPD cellular modem that is no longer supported by the cellular companies any more. I have seen some conversions on Ebay that take the cdpd modem out and replace it with a wifi module and attach it to the antenna that is already there. The CF-28 was designed primarily for public safety and at the time wifi wasn't in use as much as it is now.
Willie | w3iou
Nexrad16
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: APX V/7 & V/U Liberty

Post by Nexrad16 »

Thanks. I guess I'll use my pcmcia card.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”