Cell Phone With Wifi For Internet

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Cell Phone With Wifi For Internet

Post by Jim1348 »

Hopefully this isn't deemed too far off topic, but this forum seemed the closest. I am looking for an old used cell phone that has wi-fi capability built into it. I don't want to subscribe for service, but I just want an inexpensive handheld device that can access the internet and dial 911 in an emergency. I suspect that I will need a SIM card in it even is it is not subscribed, although I understand that there may be phones now in which there is not a removable SIM. Anyway, does anybody know if there are any phones with ei-fi that will work on wi-fi without having a current subscription?
KB1DRL

Re: Cell Phone With Wifi For Internet

Post by KB1DRL »

I can't speak for any other phones but I have an iPhone and I know that the iPhone will do what you want it too. But it is not cheap. Perhaps a better alternative would be a Pocket PC with Wi-Fi for the internet and a cheap cell phone for 911 use.
Marty

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”