MW-520

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

djh218

MW-520

Post by djh218 »

MW-520

Just bought one, does anyone know what the power leads should be fused at? 15 amps sound anywhere near right? Also would anyone know where I could get an instruction manual? It has no floppy or disk drive, how do I load software? Does have 2 PCMIA slots. Anyone with experience with this item, it would be great to talk with you.

Thanks
Dan
Danny Boy
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW-520

Post by Pj »

What model 520?

The 5201, 5203 USB does not support (or at least very well) external USB booting. If you have any model OTHER than a 5205, the best bet is to find a laptop, swap HD's and copy the OS onto the HD, than reinstall it back into the 520.

I have been able to boot off of a USB floppy, but very intermittantly, with a USB CD drive to load that way. It sucks, trust me.

FWIW, Win98, 98se and 2000 works well on the 5203. XP will also run, and it runs well, but don't plan on running a server off of it. Need parts or spares? I am getting rid of a bunch of 520 stuff.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”