MW-520 Monitor Key Scancodes

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

siigna
New User
What radios do you own?: MW-520

MW-520 Monitor Key Scancodes

Post by siigna »

For those interesting in writing up a script to interpret key presses I've managed to trap the scan codes used by the 6 function keys on the touchscreen.

Hope this is of use to someone. If I can rig one up I may write a program to run in the background and allow you to program these keys to perform certain events or execute software. We'll see ;)

Going from left to right they are:

Emergency button: Unknown

Key 1: Windows (124 or 0x7c) / BIOS (100 or 0x64)

Key 2: Windows (125 or 0x7d) / BIOS (101 or 0x65)

Key 3: Windows (126 or 0x7e) / BIOS (102 or 0x66)

Key 4: Windows (127 or 0x7f) / BIOS (102 or 0x66)

Key 5: Windows (128 or 0x80) / BIOS (103 or 0x67)

Key 6: Windows (129 or 0x81) / BIOS (104 or 0x68)
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW-520 Monitor Key Scancodes

Post by Pj »

Cool. I'll add it to the info above for reference. How hard is it to incorp into software, or into third party software?

For instance, I think many people would like to have a "wildcard" program to use as common keys, like the extrakeyapp for the MW800. It would have been great to use those buttons for APRS xmit and other hotkeys, other than using them to kick off the screen saver.

The emergency key is mapped in some really odd way, and doesn't use (from what I remember) the scan method.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Re: MW-520 Monitor Key Scancodes

Post by JAYMZ »

Since you can find out what the key mapping is for the screen buttons, couldn't you (in theory) then change those mappings to mimic other keys on a regular keyboard?

IE: Remap button 1 on the screen to act like the F9 function key on the keyboard. That would be handy in UIView for sending beacons.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”