MW-520nWindows Question

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

MW-520nWindows Question

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi all,

Got another MW-520 question for you. I just acquired a F5205, 700Mhz CPU off of E-bay and it has "Windows 2000 Pro Embedded 1-2 CPU" (don't know what that means) but any way the unit boots to the Windows log in screen requiring a user name and password. My question is is there a way to find out what the user name and password are without actually knowing it??

I know dumb question but I thought I'd give it a try.

FYI here is the link to the auction that I won. I don't have the unit yet. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=005

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW-520nWindows Question

Post by Pj »

There is a linux program that can do this...I just don't remember if I found it here or over at hamsexy. I had to do it for one of the 520's I got last year. Embedded=Preloaded.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

If you can find "hirens boot cd", it can be found on the web but is of questionable legality so I will not link to it, it has tools to do what you want. Not sure if you can boot to usb cd on a 520 or not, if not you might be able to at least extract the tools to a pcmcia card.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Batwings21 wrote:If you can find "hirens boot cd", it can be found on the web but is of questionable legality so I will not link to it, it has tools to do what you want. Not sure if you can boot to usb cd on a 520 or not, if not you might be able to at least extract the tools to a pcmcia card.
I found the sit and was able to download the programs on the CD 95Mb I'll see if it works has anyone had good success with the password recovery program?

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

I have not been able to "recover" a password, but I was able to erase it and create a new one.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Batwings21 wrote:I have not been able to "recover" a password, but I was able to erase it and create a new one.
I downloaded the cd files but I couldn't find the program to reset the password/username

Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Did you boot to it? I don't remember the name of it, but when you boot to the cd you should get a menu, and it was not too hard to find the right program.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Batwings21 wrote:Did you boot to it? I don't remember the name of it, but when you boot to the cd you should get a menu, and it was not too hard to find the right program.
No CD I downloaded all the files but most seemed to be old DOS stuff.

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

If you have Hiren's there is a few password utilities in there that you can use. Otherwise, get yourself a copy of Knoppix STD 0.1. There is another group of utilities as well.

In either case though if you can't figure out what to do when the CD boots... walk away. The menus on both Live CDs are pretty intuitive.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”