MW-520 Documentation

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

MW-520 Documentation

Post by ScannerDan »

Does anyone out in the Batworld have any documentation on the Motorola MW-520 in PDF format? I'm looking for operations and installation manuals and what ever else is out there.

Thanks

Dan..

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: MW-520 Documentation

Post by thebigphish »

i was just sent a copy of the 5201, if you need that model...i can forward it over.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

The basic information in that manual is a good starting point for the 5205 you have, but many componets and some pinouts where updated between the 5200/5201 series and the 5203 and 5205. Most in that manual are scemantics and some part numbers (most NLA).
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

thebigphish wrote:i was just sent a copy of the 5201, if you need that model...i can forward it over.
If you don't mind and you have it in a electronic PDF file could you forward it to me at droth@cwnet.com. I would greatly appreciate it. Like PJ said it would be a starting point. I find it hard to believe that with the thousands of MW-520's out there that the documentation is this hard to come by.

Dan.

PJ, BTW the 5205 unit that I bought off of E-bay appeared to be a new uninstalled unit. So I'm hoping that once I get passes the password issue there should be a new untouched Windows 2000 pro program along with all drivers and installed programs. My unit has an on-board GPS, along with what I believe to be a video board.

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

A "maxed out" MW520 will have the Video-in, GPS and the data modem.

The video in needs a program called Mcap? or something similar. Never really played with it. If you have a factory fresh MW, you should be in business.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”