HT1550 CPS password lock - unable to read or overwrite

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scannersurf104
New User

HT1550 CPS password lock - unable to read or overwrite

Post by scannersurf104 »

I am trying to program a used HT1550 that I recently purchased. When I try to read the radio in the CPS (R06.04.00), a password prompt appears asking for a password which I do not have and the previous owner is still trying to obtain it.

I tried to overwrite the current code plug with my non-enabled (same model) code plug from a previous HT1550 and it still prompts for a password when trying to write. I know with the HT1250 models you can overwrite the password enabled code plug with a non-password enabled code plug simply by overwriting it but it does not appear to be working with the HT1550.

These radios use the same software so I thought the overwrite feature should work on all. Any ideas......?

Current CPS R06.04.00. I also have access to CPS R06.12.02 which is doing the same thing.....
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Re: HT1550 CPS password lock - unable to read or overwrite

Post by radioeng462 »

There is a method of using a hex editor to modify the .exe of the CPS to read the radio and when the password box comes up to just hit enter. Then go into the CPS and see the password and get rid of it. I had to do this to a 1250 and not having to overwrite the codeplug since I did not have a clean one. I think the instructions are on this board somewhere.
scannersurf104
New User

Post by scannersurf104 »

If you come across the link let me know. I found a link related for the CDM-1550 (mobile version) but no match in the Hex Workshop in the CPS ProRadio.exe file R06.04.00....This is what I tried but still no match:

"CPS R06.04.00

Address 002412AA: Change 741C to EB1C "
surgepgh

Post by surgepgh »

Does anyone remember the instructions for this? I used to have it on a thumb drive and have since lost it.

Return to “Radio Programming”