Bought new radio. Can't program it.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ShooterReady
New User

Bought new radio. Can't program it.

Post by ShooterReady »

Hey guys. Name's Randy. I sold my old HT1250 about a year ago, and bought another one with the DTMF pad. I was able to program my old one with CPS R06.04.00AA. Now when I plugged this one in today to program it, it won't read it, and it won't write to it. Reading gets "unsupported model" and writing gets "couldn't creatinstance". I have a bad feeling that my version is too old. There is no way I can afford a new CPS just to put some 2M repeaters in an HT. (MOL refused me access anyway). Other than sell it, or get reamed by the local radio shop every time I want to program it, is there anything I can do? Is there a workaround in the software, or a way to "master reset the HT maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Randy
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Bought new radio. Can't program it.

Post by wavetar »

In short, no. Your CPS is ancient, and is definitely your issue. Either pay to get it programmed at a shop, or perhaps ask someone on the board to do it, if you can't afford the CPS.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ShooterReady
New User

Re: Bought new radio. Can't program it.

Post by ShooterReady »

"Ancient"! Haha. No kidding! Anyway, I was able to convince the big M and now I will have the latest version, but boy did it sting to pay that much! Anyway, all is well now. Thanks for the time.

Return to “Radio Programming”