XTL 5000 Off Hook Monitor

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

XTL 5000 Off Hook Monitor

Post by BigTex1136 »

Is there a way in the CPS to turn off the off hook monitor on these radios? I looked all over and could not seem to find it. I have more then a few trucks without grounded mic clips and the monitor stays on all the time. Thanks
GOT MODAT?
Jim202

Re: XTL 5000 Off Hook Monitor

Post by Jim202 »

BigTex1136 wrote:Is there a way in the CPS to turn off the off hook monitor on these radios? I looked all over and could not seem to find it. I have more then a few trucks without grounded mic clips and the monitor stays on all the time. Thanks
Why don't you just add a wire to ground the clip?

Jim
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Jim202 wrote:Why don't you just add a wire to ground the clip?
Why do you even post useless crap like this? Just answer the OP's question or keep your mouth shut.

OP - Conventional, Conventional Configuration, General tab, uncheck HUB Defeats PL.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

tvsjr wrote:
Jim202 wrote:Why don't you just add a wire to ground the clip?
Why do you even post useless crap like this? Just answer the OP's question or keep your mouth shut.

OP - Conventional, Conventional Configuration, General tab, uncheck HUB Defeats PL.

My my, aren't we getting testy today.
BigTex1136

Post by BigTex1136 »

Thanks tvsjr. I knew it had to be some place in there.

Jim, its not my truck, not my install, and they not going to pay me to fix the local M shop installs. But since I do have to add some new channels why not fix it the easy way.
GOT MODAT?
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

BigTex1136 wrote:Thanks tvsjr. I knew it had to be some place in there.

Jim, its not my truck, not my install, and they not going to pay me to fix the local M shop installs. But since I do have to add some new channels why not fix it the easy way.
Take no offense, but by changing that feature in the CPS may not be "fixing" the problem. There is also a HUB option in the Scan Configuration where if the mic is off hook the scan is suspended. That may also be an issue caused by not having a ground on the mic clip.
BigTex1136

Post by BigTex1136 »

I found that in the scan also. Thanks Dorf
GOT MODAT?
Will

Post by Will »

Jim202 wrote:
BigTex1136 wrote:Is there a way in the CPS to turn off the off hook monitor on these radios? I looked all over and could not seem to find it. I have more then a few trucks without grounded mic clips and the monitor stays on all the time. Thanks

Jim
IF you read the FCC rules, the Monitor function IS required. Some installers are just to darned lazy to add the 'ground wire'.
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

Will wrote:
Jim202 wrote:

Jim
IF you read the FCC rules, the Monitor function IS required. Some installers are just to darned lazy to add the 'ground wire'.
You could always use the programmed Monitor button.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Locked as the OP's questions is answered.

Return to “Radio Programming”