XTVA and HUB Scan

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

warpedspeed
New User
What radios do you own?: Spectras,Astro,Astro25,NXDN

XTVA and HUB Scan

Post by warpedspeed »

I am in the process of setting up an XTVA and have a question regarding scanning. I have looked around here on the board and also far and wide on the WWW in general, but have not found a definitive answer.

Ideally I would like the mic hang up action to have the capability that mobiles have, where scan can suspend when the mic is off hook, and then resume when back on hook.
What I have found is that the XTVA HUB line does not seem to work, even with a grounded clip. Maybe that is a "feature" of the XTVA.
I have tried this with both the standard XTVA Plam Mic, and the W3 HHCH, with the same result.

If I program the radio with "Hub Suspends Scan" in CPS, then the radio does not scan, whether on hook or off. I get the little dots next to the Z scan symbol, indicating that the mic is off hook, whether it is or not.

If I do not select "Hub Suspends Scan" in CPS, it scans all of the time, regardless of mic hook condition, as it should. Of course, this is how the radio normally behaves anyway when not in the XTVA.
If this behavior is a "Feature" then OK, I will live with it, however I am hoping someone will provide some obvious step that I have missed in making it do what I want.

The XTVA is a NTN8560F, the radio that I am testing with initially is a XTS 5000, with firmware level 19.50.00, and I am using CPS 19.01.00 .

Thanks

Dean
warpedspeed
New User
What radios do you own?: Spectras,Astro,Astro25,NXDN

Re: XTVA and HUB Scan

Post by warpedspeed »

Just in case it matters to anyone else. The problem with the HHCH was caused by poor contact between the ground springs and the copper contacts inside of the HHCH.
After tracing circuit runs in both the XTVA and the HHCH, and looking for the obvious "one thing" that I must have missed in CPS, it was simply light oxidation that was not visible. The fancy repair tool that I used was a pencil eraser. Of course the data vac also saw about 3 seconds of service after using the eraser.
I have a feeling that this is going to be a regular maintenance issue.

So now "Hub Suspends Scan" and PL Defeat are working the that we like it, just like the mobiles.

I still do not know why the HMN4069 Palm Mic is not working in the same fashion, but I have not cracked that one open yet either.

Dean

Return to “Radio Programming”